Reports to: General Manager. Works closely with management company and/or marketing company.
The Director of Community Relations is responsible for the sales and marketing function of the residence, as well as building and maintaining relationships in the community.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Comfortable with goals and timelines
• Asks good questions
• Listens for the answers
Minimum of two years’ experience in a sales capacity in a retirement community or other health care facility preferred.
1. Plan, administer, co-ordinate and execute sales and marketing activities of the facility, within an approved budget.
2. Nurture positive community relationships with health care agencies, service providers, businesses and other community partners to promote the home as part of the local health care community.
3. Create awareness of, and interest in the residence and manage leads in CRM database
4. Marketing, promoting and providing tours of the residence to maintain occupancy targets.
5. Conduct tours with prospective residents and their families and explain the benefits of the residence in way that allows informed decision making.
6. Provide follow-up consultation with prospective residents as needed.
7. Work with Residents and families to complete the tenancy process and necessary paperwork.
8. Maintain confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data.
9. Be knowledgeable of and practice facility’s fire and safety programs.
10. Be knowledgeable of and act in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
11. Provide leadership and motivation to the staff for the achievement of the facility’s occupancy objectives, as part of the senior management team.
12. Supervise staff in the community relations department, if any, and/or train other staff of the facility to handle inquiries and walk-in tours.
13. Prepare a monthly report on the progress of the sales and marketing efforts.
14. Work schedule will require flexibility at times to accommodate preferred tour times of prospective residents or for attendance at planned events.